Needage is responsible for personal information under its control.
Our Privacy Officer is accountable for our compliance with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
When we use trusted third parties to act on our behalf by performing such functions as processing payments or providing customer service, contractual or other means are used to ensure compliance by such third parties with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws. However, we are not responsible for the compliance by third parties with their own legal obligations in relation to your personal information.
Unless the purpose is self-evident due to the nature of the transaction in question, Needage will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
The proposed purposes will be described in a reasonably understandable manner.
Occasionally we send promotional offers to selected Needage customers, and may therefore use your personal information for that purpose. You may unsubscribe by sending us an email.
We will collect, use or disclose your personal information only with your knowledge and consent, except where required or permitted by law.
Consent can be express or, in some circumstances, implied, and given in writing, by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally (in person or by telephone), or by your conduct, such as use of a product or service.
In determining the type of consent to obtain, Needage will consider all relevant factors, including the sensitivity of the information and your reasonable expectations.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, on reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions.
By using the Site, you consent to allow Needage to release your name and mailing address to a third party in order to process any payments and/or deliver any items.
The collection of personal information by Needage will be limited to what is necessary for the purposes which it identifies. Here are some examples of personal information that may be collected from you when you use our Site:
- Needage asks for your name, address, email address, and other personal information when you register. This information is used to process your orders and to allow us to communicate with you. The information also enables Needage to customize your wish list to better meet your preferences and to offer you products that may be of interest to you.
- If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend's email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Needage stores this information to send this one-time email, to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database.
- To process and/or fulfill your transactions and orders, third parties we contract with to provide you our service (such as payment processors) may be used to perform the required function, and in such cases, you will have to give them the applicable personal information to allow for the service to be provided. This information is collected by those third parties, and not by Needage – you should review their privacy policies for information on their use of your personal information.
Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by law. We will not rent, sell or disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
- you have given your express opt-in consent to share the information;
- your information must be shared by necessity to provide our services or information you have requested;
- we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce applicable Terms of Service including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- report, detect, prevent, or otherwise address what we believe to be suspicious account activity or attempted or actual theft or fraud or other illegal activity, or to address security or technical issues; or
- protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Needage, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
It will be retained only as long as necessary for these purposes or as required by law.
If Needage believes that a seller on the Site (a "Seller") has not complied with the Terms in any sale, it may disclose to the applicable buyer the Seller's name and address and other contact information contained in the Seller's profile on the Site.
Needage will send you email, text or voice information pertaining to your pending transactions. We may also send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
Needage may also use personal account information and data collected through your personal identification to generate statistics and aggregate reports for internal use and for sharing with affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, successors and advertisers. These statistics and aggregate reports will not contain any information that could identify you personally.
We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
In general, Needage will protect personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of the following measures: physical (e.g., locked filing cabinets, restricted access, appropriate disposal of personal information), organizational (e.g., security clearances, access only on a "need to know" basis), technological (e.g., passwords, encryption) and training of employees.
In particular, we have adopted physical and technological processes and procedures to keep your personal information safe and secure. The personal information you provide when you register on-line or purchase on-line order is secured using Secure Socket Layers ("SSL") encryption technology. We use this SSL technology to prevent such information from being intercepted and read as it is transmitted over the Internet to our own servers. Only when it reaches our servers is your information decrypted and then stored on restricted access computers located at restricted access sites. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer.
Upon request, Needage will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of personal information relating to you, and give you access to that information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information and have it amended as appropriate.
Access and control over most personal information is readily available through the profile editing tools. You may modify or remove any of your profile information at any time by logging into your account and profile.
However, in certain circumstances permitted by law, this information will not be disclosed to you. Some examples of these circumstances are information that contains references to other individuals, that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial confidentiality reasons, or that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of eighteen or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under the age of eighteen, please do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the age of eighteen, we will remove that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a person under the age of eighteen, please contact us.
For anything to do with this Policy, including questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Needage will inform individuals who make enquiries or lodge complaints about its enquiry or complaint procedures, as applicable. If a complaint is found to be justified, we will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending our policies and practices.
Needage's reserves the right to change this policy as required at any time.